Saturday, December 15, 2007

Big Winter Storm

We're just getting started here in Toledo with this weekend's major winter storm. As I type we are already receiving light snow with a small dusting already in place. We're under a Winter Storm Warning until tomorrow evening.

Forecasts have had us in the 8-16" range (storm total), but I'm starting to see things in the "nowcast" that might mean less snowfall for us. Apparently some of the models are tracking the low farther west, a little closer to Toledo, which means the heavy snow band would also move west. I would be happy to see less snow than advertised, although in the snow pool at work I went big (as a weather fan I had to) with 11.8".

Another problem will be the winds. The low is expected to reach a pressure similar to that in a Category 1 hurricane (the winds won't be that high, though), and if it tracks where it's expected to, we'll probably get 30-40 mph winds tomorrow. The low track might also allow me to see a sub 29.00" pressure, which is one of my weather geek goals in life...sad, I know.

No comments: