Saturday, March 10, 2007

Slight Jeep Delay

Or at least I hope it's slight. I want a late-availability feature, the Sunrider soft top, which allows for partial as well as full retraction. When the top becomes available, it will be a standard feature. It's hard to get definitive word on when the top will begin to be installed at the factory, but everything I've seen says Job #1 is 3/19. Now, I don't know whether that means they will begin to be installed 3/19, or if they will be available for order 3/19...so I'm going to play it safe and wait until at least 3/19 before I order...that will at least give me some time to figure out what's going on.

It will also give me some more time to consider color. I saw my first actual photograph of a black/khaki 2-door today...and my first reaction wasn't entirely enthusiastic. I thought it would look a lot sharper. What do y'all think??






I like the color combo (it's growing on me), but I think Jeep Green/khaki or some other combo with a black top might look a tad better...I'll have to think a little more about it. Problem is, there are just a few color combos that don't look good. It's hard to decide which of the good choices is the best.

Hopefully the soft top and color issues are worked out in a couple of weeks so I can get this thing going. I'm set on all my other options and am very confident that this is the vehicle for me. I hope that waiting an additional week or two to order doesn't screw up the timing and shove me to 2008 allocation. I can't believe the demand for these things!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i'm a big fan of the jeep green

Jeff said...

The Jeep Green is a great color. Today for the first time I saw a Steel Blue one in person...gorgeous!!

I don't think I can go wrong with any of these colors.