Sunday, December 17, 2006

Storm Cycle: Day 4 - A Hard Three

Location: Basement Trainer
Resistance: 2 (of 7)
Gear: 2 (front derailleur); 4 (rear derailleur)
Distance: 3.00 miles
Avg. Speed: 10.2 mph
Max. Speed: 14.1 mph
Total Ride Time: 17.4 minutes

Even though this ride was only a little more than half the time of some of my previous rides, it was done with nearly twice the resistance at an undoubtedly higher speed...making it much more strenuous. In fact, this was the most strenuous workout I've had in years.

So how do I feel after that? Very sweaty, a little sore, and awesome! It's amazing what these workouts do...their benefits go far beyond the physical aspects. It's too late to do anything more tonight than a simple cool-down, but tomorrow's plan is for both weight training and a ride at least on par with tonights...I'll probably ramp it up a little farther. My overall goal is to be able to consistently ride 10 miles a session (perhaps 10 a day) by the end of February.

The calculable benefits of this exercise/diet plan are slowly beginning to show. I haven't lost any weight yet, but I've lost nearly 1% of body fat in a week. It would be nice if I could continue that -1%/week rate...my overall goal is to weigh 180-190 pounds and/or have a body fat percentage of 15-17% (I know that's optimal body fat...what I don't know is how much I would weigh at that percentage...I can only guess)...very doable by this summer if I keep at this...

No comments: