Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Storm Cycle: Day 5 - Three More

Location: Basement Trainer
Resistance: 2 (of 7)
Gear: 1 (front derailleur); 7 (rear derailleur)
Distance: 3.00 miles
Avg. Speed: 9.3 mph
Max. Speed: 15.4 mph
Total Ride Time: 19.28 minutes

Today's ride was a little harder to get through than the previous one. The resistance and gear settings were similar to the Day 4 ride, but having done weights and a short ride yesterday, I think fatigue kicked in a little. Pain in my knees was the main roadblock I had to going farther.

I'm going to set my bike workouts at a 3 mile benchmark for the next several sessions, so I can build strength in my knees before pressing farther. Remember that 3 miles on a trainer is generally more strenuous than 3 miles on the road, because no distance can be gained from coasting...so I'm not stressing out about having to limit myself to 3 miles for now. In the coming weeks that number will increase.

Tomorrow is scheduled to be a day off, but I might do a very short leisure ride. My next full ride is Thursday, and unfortunately that will be it on the bike until next Wednesday because of Christmas activities. I'll try to get some light exercise in place of riding during that time.

No comments: