Friday, December 15, 2006

Storm Cycle: Day 3 - Computer Setup

Location: Basement Trainer
Resistance: 2 (of 7)
Gear: Mixed, mostly 6 (of 21)
Distance: 1.00 mile
Avg. Speed: 9.8 mph
Total Ride Time: 6.09 minutes

I feel kinda bad even counting tonight toward the bike log, because it was nothing more than a computer calibration mini-ride. It is significant, though, that I received the bike computer today and was able to get it hooked up to the bike. It calculates its data through magnets that mount onto the pedal and the rear wheel and sensors that mount onto the bike frame. Tonight was not scheduled to be a cycling night (I was supposed to do weight training...maybe later), but since the computer came today I decided to install it and give it a go.

It's not worthwhile even discussing my physical condition on this one because it was such a short ride, but given the fact that I didn't properly warm up and prepare for this little go, I probably did more harm to myself than good!

My next scheduled "long" cycling session is tomorrow, but given the fact that I work from 2pm to 10 pm, I'm not yet sure if I will ride in the morning or late at night.

No comments: