Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Trainer Time

Location: Basement Trainer
Trainer Setting: 1 of 7
Gear: 2 (Front), 6 (Rear)
Distance: 5.00 miles
Max Speed: 21.00 mph
Avg Speed: 11.00 mph
Total Time: 27.21 minutes

This was a very difficult ride. On the trainer, 5 miles is the equivalent of much more distance on the trail, since it doesn't take into account free rolling. That combined with the increased speed and it was far more exhausting. I found out on this ride why people place a sweat-catching towel under their bike trainer! That having been said, I feel better now after riding than I have all day. I'm happy that I was able to make this kind of distance on the trainer (I had been wearing out around 3 miles before)...hopefully with more work I can increase that distance even more.

Even though it was a beautiful day, I chose to use the trainer because I wanted the controlled environment for this ride...moving the bike back and forth isn't a big deal.

My goal tomorrow is to find a bike rack, a top-tube adapter, and if needed, a hitch receiver extension. We have a trail ride at Secor Metropark planned for Thursday afternoon.

No comments: