Friday, August 24, 2007

Big Weather Hits The Area

Major storms impacted Northwest Ohio this evening, as a line of severe thunderstorms moved through around 6:30 pm. Lucas County was placed under a tornado warning because of eastbound radar-indicated rotation near Berkey. I live about 3 or 4 miles due east of Berkey...so this one got my attention. The sky was about as ugly as I've ever seen, but it didn't look tornadic at all. That having been said, I hit the deck pretty much as soon as the warning came across.

There were lots of reports of damage around the area -- downed trees, power outages and such -- but I came through with no problems. The power went out for just a short time. My maximum recorded wind gust here was 32 mph...and since there were reports of 60-80 mph winds not far from here I feel very fortunate.

The online weather data went down when the power went out...it will be back up shortly.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

fulton county had the tornado warning just before you guys did. The worst part of the storm seemed to pass just north of delta. I sat outside for the first 20 minutes and just watched it go by.