Tuesday, July 17, 2007

I BOUGHT A CAR!

That last post I made about a 2008 Wrangler Unlimited...disregard.

In the end I decided to stick with the two car plan. On Saturday my parents found more or less the exact car I was looking for in Van Wert, OH...so I drove home today, test drove it, and bought it.

It's a 2002 Dodge Stratus R/T Coupe in Indy Red...it has a sunroof, autostick (semi-auto transmission), and a nice tan leather interior. It has 34,000 miles, somewhat more than I wanted, but the car is in very nice shape for its age...I'll also likely only be putting no more than 6,000-7,000 miles a year on it. I got it for what I thought was a very fair price.

There are a few minor touch-up things they need to do to it, so I'll be taking delivery the middle of next week. Below are a couple pics I took tonight after I completed the deal:

IMG_1940


IMG_1941


IMG_1943


IMG_1944

UPDATE:

I forgot to add one of the most important things - the thing drove spectacularly. It was (and will be!) an absolute blast to drive. It was very comfortable, in fact it felt like I'd been driving it for years - it took no getting used to at all...which is strange since I've exclusively driven a high-sitting, heavy SUV for almost four years now. It also looks fantastic. It needs some stone chips touched up on the nose and some other touch-up work done, but when I'm through getting it spiffied up, it will turn heads.

3 comments:

Micah said...

Don't forget buyer's remorse. You can still change your mind a couple of more times before you actually go pick up the car!

Jeff said...

Hehe...I left myself open for that since I've gone back-and-forth on this so much, but I am really happy with my decision.

No buyers remorse yet, and I think if it was going to happen it would have been when I signed that five-figure check... :-o

Anonymous said...

No, just get the dadburn thing. Holy cow.

:-)

Ton