Thursday, June 14, 2007

Boo GoogleSync

Up until tonight, I was using GoogleSync to synchronize my Firefox bookmarks between my desktop and laptop computers. Since I rarely use my desktop computer to surf the internet, I decided tonight to start up Firefox on the desktop for the first time in a while and synch over all of my laptop bookmarks. Well, what happened instead was around 85% of my laptop bookmarks got zapped. That was like the last thing I needed to have happen. I don't know if it was because I had two different versions of Firefox (laptop has 2.0.0.4, desktop had 2.0.0.3 at the time of the disaster), or what. GoogleSync never seemed to work well with Firefox; I always had odd, random bookmark separators showing up.

So now I'm doing two things: I'm (angrily) completely redoing my laptop bookmarks, and I'm no longer using GoogleSync. From now on I'll just copy my bookmarks file over to my desktop every once in a while.

No comments: