Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Winter Storm Update #2

Blizzard Warning.

The forecast I've been running on here the past few days is in the process of verifying. Latest reports out of Fort Wayne are very heavy snow falling with drifts beginning to pile up. Here at Toledo, not so much yet, but evidently it's coming.

Right now it isn't snowing hard at all. The wind is blowing at around 25 mph with gusts near 40 mph, causing what little snow has fallen to blow and drift all over the place. Evidently it's supposed to be much worse, because NWS Cleveland has just issued a Blizzard Warning for me here in Lucas County. This is the first time I've been under a blizzard warning, to my knowledge. I think it's mainly because of the high winds and blowing snow reducing visibility and wind chill. The official forecast for Toledo and Fort Wayne both is 8-16" in total.

So, it's a blizzard. I'm happy that I'm home safely for the weekend, and I have nowhere I really have to go. I only have to decide whether to blow off the driveway this evening or wait until it's all overwith tomorrow.

No comments: