Sunday, February 11, 2007

Winter Storm Update #1

The latest run of the NAM computer model is complete. The general consensus among the meteorologists on the message boards?

Bullseye: Fort Wayne and Toledo.

Prepare for the biggest snowstorm in years, perhaps decades.

UPDATE TO THE UPDATE 10:27pm SUNDAY:

The main snow line is still showing LAF-FWA-TOL. I'll call it 12-16" with very isolated amounts up to two feet. Someone, somewhere in this storm will get 24"+, it's just a matter of where...hopefully not here. This has the potential to be a legendary blizzard. Central and southern portions of Indiana and Ohio might get 1" or so of ice.

I just hope that everybody stays safe and that the power stays on...really, I hope that the storm track continues to trend south and takes us out of the heaviest snow band. Right now though, we're showing a track that will cause conditions reminiscent of the Blizzard of 1978...

1 comment:

PITABOT said...

Send some of it HERE, please.

Actually, I'm picking up new trainees tomorrow, so I guess not many of them will be from the midwest, eh?

Dagnabit, I wish I had some snow here!

Tony