Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Back In The Saddle

Location: Basement Trainer
Resistance: 2 (of 7)
Gear: 1 (front derailleur), 7 (rear derailleur)
Distance: 2.02 miles
Avg. Speed: 8.1 mph
Max. Speed: 11.7 mph
Total Ride Time: 15:03 minutes

After several weeks of being out-of-action due to a nagging cold and a change in work schedule, I'm back on the bike. The good news is that during my hiatus from the bike I began dropping a few pounds -- I now weigh less than I have since high school. Now, that's not saying much...and I have many more pounds to go...but it's a good start. The minor alterations I've made to my diet really seem to be helping.

How many people can say they lost weight over the holidays?? :-)

I'm very happy to be back in position to be working out again. There's much work left to be done, but I'm pleased to be starting to see some results of my efforts.

No comments: