Wednesday, July 12, 2006

New Info on 2007 Wrangler

Available here: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=292462

Highlights:
  • Mileage is 18 city, 26 highway!!!!! (OH, YEAH!)
    • for comparisons sake, my Liberty gets 16/20.
  • Dual tops with a hardtop and Sunrider (fold-back) softtop is available!
  • Standard AUX jack on the radio!
Almost everything I would want is standard on the model I'm planning to get (Sahara) except for the dual tops and auto tranny (yeah, I'm weak), which I'll have to add as options.

Something I don't like is the lack of a khaki interior option on the two exterior colors I'm most likely to get - Flame Red and Steel Blue Metallic. I also don't like the cruddy Goodyear Wrangler SR-A tire that come standard. I plan on immediately replacing them with Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revos when I pick up the Jeep...I'll hit the tire store before I go home, even.

Here's a new picture of a Steel Blue Metallic 2007 Wrangler Rubicon...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...If I only had a way to get those 4 tires from Toledo to San Antonio.

I'd like some more aggressive tires on the Liberty Diesel, and you want to tame down the tires on your Wrangler (to be).

BTW: I went and looked at the Red Wrangler with the Auto today. It's nice, but I still like a full cage around me. :-D

Jeff said...

Actually I'd be adding more aggressive tires to the Wrangler...those mountain terrain tires in the picture are only on the Rubicon...mine will be either an X or a Sahara.

The tires that come on the X and Sahara are the pitiful Goodyear Wrangler SR-A...they're downright dangerous in anything other than dry conditions IMO...I had them on the Liberty for 25000 miles. I have Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revos on the Liberty now and they're waaaaay superior to the Goodyears.