Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Quiet Blog

I apologize for the lack of recent activity on this site. For one, I've been busy with all sorts of little things that have taken my attention away from blogging, and also I've been spending much more time posting and conversing on Facebook than I have in the past. I have no intentions of abandoning this site, however.

So, what has been happening lately? A few weeks ago I bought a guitar, but I've only had a small amount of time to actually sit down and concentrate on trying to learn it. Actually I'm only just in the process of getting it tuned correctly. I really haven't learned any notes or chords yet. I do hope to be able to spend a lot more time at it in the future.

I'm also working on getting back into building model aircraft a little bit. I bought an airbrush a few weeks ago and have a stash of 5 or so planes to get through. My eventual goal is to build very accurate replicas of 122nd and 180th FW F-16s. So as you can see between some newfound hobbies and taking care of my place I've been keeping pretty busy.

I apologize for my weather data being down the last few days...the power went out in a storm Sunday night and I haven't taken the time to reset everything yet. It will be back up shortly. Speaking of the weather station, I do have plans for creating a dedicated weather website in the near future containing my current conditions along with a convenient selection of forecasts, radar maps, and warning data. It will link back and forth with this blog, and I plan to increase the weather content on this page as well (I know, most of my blog posts are already weather related).

Oh, and I can't fail to mention CONGRATULATIONS to the Detroit Red Wings on winning yet another Stanley Cup this year, their 4th in the past 11 seasons. After the heartbreak in Game 5, when they were 34 seconds from the win only to see Pittsburgh tie it and eventually win in triple overtime, the actual win in Game 6 was almost anticlimactic for me. I was very happy about it, but it wasn't nearly as exciting for me as the previous 3 Cups were. Maybe its just a sign I'm getting older.

No comments: