Thursday, March 13, 2008

Top Down on the Jeep


IMG_0080
Originally uploaded by Jeff Hormann
With sunshine and temperatures near 50, my impatience got the best of me today. I absolutely had to drop the top and drive it around a little bit, no matter how cold I would get. It really wasn't too bad, because I left the windows up and the heater on...but I could only stand a trip around the block.

The actual operation of the top wasn't all that bad considering it was the first time I tried it by myself. The most time consuming part of putting it down was tucking the top in and getting the drip rails folded correctly. Putting it back up was pretty straight forward but took some time.

The feel of driving it was different than a standard convertible, because you're more enclosed and sitting much higher. I like it better. It's going to be so much fun to drive this way! Come on summer!

Click here for the entire "top down" photo gallery.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The top down! That looks like fun! Aunt Janet

Micah said...

"but I could only stand a trip around the block."

Huh, me & the wife put 50 miles on the bike.

Bundle up next time, buddy :p

Jeff said...

"Huh, me & the wife put 50 miles on the bike."

That, my friend, is dedication!

I really didn't want to go that far anyway. I was testing things, making sure stuff wasn't going to fly out and the like, so I wasn't going very fast. I was holding up traffic and I probably looked pretty ridiculous. The people who were all bundled up out walking their dogs probably did a double-take at the topless Jeep driving by. :-o