Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Jeep Update

I visited the dealership today just to get a status update, and it's not great news...the official status of the Jeep is "passed edit, not available for schedule." The factory has a lot of orders to build, and I'm not at the head of the line. There's any number of things that could be holding up the factory from scheduling my build, but the dealer didn't seem concerned, and I'm really not either. I'm not in a giant hurry to get the Jeep, anyway. It will get here when it gets here.

Right now I would say February at the earliest.

And while on the subject, a note about color. At first I was apprehensive about buying black because I figured everybody and their brother would have a black one too. Well, it looks like everybody and their brother will instead have a yellow one. I checked dealer inventory earlier and almost all the dealers who have Wranglers in the area have at least one yellow one. Also on the enthusiast web sites many are buying yellow ones. I really don't like the yellow, so I'm glad I'll be separate from that crowd. I'll still wave at them though. :-) And even if there wind up being tons of black ones, be certain mine will look very unique!

No comments: