Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Bike Issues

I was all set to go biking tomorrow morning...I bought a new seat cushion and a hydration pack, I pumped up the tires and went for a short test ride. The last step was to put the bike in the Jeep...

Uh oh.

Putting the bike inside the Jeep was always going to be a temporary solution; I was going to get a bike rack eventually, but I wanted to wait until I bought the Jeep's replacement (yes, it's still coming soon...hopefully) so I would have one that would be guaranteed to work for a while.

To make a long story short, the bike doesn't fit in the back of the Jeep. It comes close, but it won't squeeze in there. This surprised me, but it's a pretty tall bike. So now for one, I probably can't go riding tomorrow, and two, my hand has been forced on buying a bike rack. I'm researching it today and I'll probably be buying tomorrow so I can hopefully have the thing by next weekend. I'm probably going to get a spare tire mount rack that will work both on my Liberty and the prospective Wrangler (which I'm getting a little impatient with). Chances are too low that my Wrangler will have a trailer hitch for me to go with a hitch mount. Hitch mounts are substantially more expensive, too.

No comments: