Friday, March 30, 2007

The Wheels Are In Motion






Pun intended.

I talked to the car dealer today and gave him some paperwork that outlines what I'm looking for in my next Jeep and car. He's going to try to acquire the vehicles through the same process we used to get my Liberty 4 years ago. It shouldn't be a problem getting the vehicles, but it could take a while (several months) to find the right ones. Since I'm not in a big hurry, it should work out well.

The only concern is they stopped making the Stratus R/T in 2005, so one might be harder to find. That's worrisome because I would ideally like to get the car before the Jeep. Hopefully we can eventually find one somewhere. If you're thinking, "a Stratus? Are you nuts?", let me explain. The coupe shares underpinnings with the Mitsubishi Eclipse and Gallant. The R/T model, which is what I'm angling for, is not a muscle car but it's pretty quick for what it is, and it shares no parts with it's Stratus sedan cousin. The coupe definitely deserves a name that doesn't make one think "boring family car."

The Jeep shouldn't be hard to find and I should be able to acquire a low-mileage 2005 or 06 in my price range without much trouble. I just worry about getting a Wrangler (and having to trade or otherwise sell the Liberty in the process), still waiting on the car, and be stuck with just the Wrangler for a couple of months. I could live with this scenario, but I really don't want to have to...if it happens though, I'll just deal with it.

No comments: